TO KNOW MORE ABOUT COMMERCIAL AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE
As an entrepreneur or a business manager, you don’t have much time to follow the ups and downs of commercial automobile insurance premiums. Whether you own one or several commercial vehicles, Assurances Multi-Risques offers you a few hints to better navigate your next commercial vehicle insurance purchase.
First, we recommend that you contact an insurance broker who will help you with this matter, and will therefore allow you more time to pursue projects that will foster your business’ economic growth.
Insuring your commercial vehicle fleet
Commercial automobile insurance is quite similar to personal automobile insurance, but with a few twists! That’s why working with a qualified professional is so important.
The worst thing that you can do is to base your choice of broker or insurance company solely on the price. To be sure to obtain the best product and compensation terms to suit your specific needs, you must first establish a trusting relationship with your insurance professional since he is the one who will be defending your interests in case of loss.
As with personal auto insurance, commercial automobile insurance policies offer a wide range of coverage:
Third party liability (Chapter A)
As with personal auto insurance, in Quebec, all commercial vehicles must have a minimum third party liability coverage of $50,000. Our brokers will be able to evaluate your specific needs according to your type of business.
Comprehensive insurance coverage (Chapter B1)
This coverage is all-inclusive, except for specified exclusions (you have the choice between B1 or a combination of B2 + B3). Our brokers will help you to make the right decision for your commercial vehicle fleet.
- Collision or upset coverage (Chapter B2);
- Collision and/or comprehensive coverage (Chapter B3);
- Designated risks coverage (Chapter B4).
You may also choose to add riders to your policy:
- Vehicle rental insurance (FAQ20);
- Life and health insurance (FAQ34);
- Full replacement value or replacement insurance (FAQ43AE / FPQ5).
Here are a few questions to ask yourself in order to better manage your commercial automobile insurance matters:
- What type of coverage do I want and how much does it cost?
- Are the insurance policy’s deductibles right for me?
- Do I have a maintenance management program for my vehicles?
- Do I have a theft prevention program for my vehicles?
- Do I do a criminal background check on new employees?
- Do I check my employees’ driving record every year?
- Do I do annual employee performance appraisals?
- Do I have an internal driving policy for my employees?
Commercial automobile insurance may appear simple at first glance, but we are quite sure that you will be able to improve both your coverage and your peace of mind by contacting one of our brokers.