In Quebec, when you own a car, you must be covered by civil liability insurance for a minimum of $50,000. This coverage will protect you in case of:
- Damages to your car sustained in Quebec in an accident for which you are not deemed responsible;
- Material and personal damages sustained outside of Quebec in an accident for which you are deemed responsible;
- Material damages inflicted to a third party in an accident for which you are deemed responsible.
The civil liability minimum is set at $50,000, but we strongly suggest that you opt for an amount of $2,000,000 that will ensure the best coverage possible in case of a serious accident for just a few more dollars per month. The civil liability portion of the insurance contract is called section A, while section B covers material damages to the car.
Don’t walk the thin line, get adequate insurance coverage!
When you ask for a car insurance quote on line and the company offers to immediately cover you once you’ve paid the required fees, you must understand that you could regret it later if you have made a mistake concerning your insurance needs when subscribing.
The question Assurances Multi-Risques wants to ask you is the following: Are you fully aware of the various forms of car insurance coverage offered and available in the industry? Subscribing and paying for your car insurance on line is an interesting idea because it speeds up things considerably. Speed, however, is the only advantage here.
3 disadvantages to buying your car (or home) insurance on line:
- It’s impossible for you to make sure that the price that you are being offered is the best one available since you have no way of comparing what is offered by other insurance companies.
- Unless you are an experienced insurance specialist, there is no way of making sure that you have chosen the best insurance options for your needs.
- You will have to fend for yourself in the event of a claim or in case of litigation with the insurance company. Reaching a settlement in such cases can take months!
Take our word for it. We get calls every day from clients who have subscribed to an insurance contract on line without having discussed their needs with an insurance agent or broker beforehand. All of these people have experienced difficulties. Please don’t make the same mistake!
An insurance broker is an ally that will not cost you anything more
Contrary to popular belief, dealing with an insurance broker will not cost you anything. Why? Because insurance brokers are paid by the insurance company that gets the insurance contract. Why then would you choose not to enjoy the advantages associated with personalized, professional and comprehensive insurance services?
Indeed, insurance brokers shop for you in order to find the best coverage at the best price. You want to save time? That’s exactly what brokers are offering you! Moreover, if you need to make a claim, they do the work for you and defend your interests so that you can go back to normal as quickly and as easily as possible.
Insuring your car, home or business is a serious matter. Unfortunately, too few people truly understand the implications of acquiring insurance.
Many people find out too late that they were not adequately covered, and that can lead to difficult situations. That’s why, at Assurances Multi-Risques, we take our work in earnest and we do our best to inform you through weekly articles published on our blog.
For advice or to learn more about insurance, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us! Visit the advice section on our website by clicking here, or dial 819 791-1791; for toll free access, dial 1 855 791-1791.
We look forward to helping you out!