Bad luck, health problems, financial difficulties, problems at work, family issues, past mistakes that still haunt you: we all face personal hardships that prevent us from sleeping at night. One thing we sometimes overlook, however, is that they may also cause us insurance problems. Each day, Assurances Multi-Risques brokers receive calls from people who are experiencing problems due to their insurer’s incomprehension or flat out refusal to cover them. Please allow us to offer some advice that will help you to easily obtain the insurance coverage you need despite your current difficulties.
What are insurance problems?
Here are a few situations that can lead to insurance headaches :
- Your insurance agent or broker is not returning your calls ;
- Problems with your claim or unsatisfactory claim settlement ;
- Refusal to insure once your insurer finds out that you have a criminal record ;
- Insurance cancellation due to unpaid premiums ;
- Insurance cancellation due to a suspended driver’s license ;
- Insurance cancellation because you have not followed your insurer’s recommendations ;
- Insurance cancellation because of frequent claims ;
- Refusal to insure after bankruptcy ;
- Insurance cancellation or refused claim because your house is vacant ;
- Incomprehension of your situation on the part of the insurer ;
- Costly insurance premiums ;
- Refusal to insure for other reasons ;
We cannot give an exact account of the number of difficult situations we encounter every day, but as specialized brokers, we have the skill set needed to manage complex situations, to understand people facing difficulties, and to obtain adequate insurance coverage for them.
Getting coverage despite insurance problems
Now that you know what insurance problems are, here are a few tips that can help you to find an insurer despite your difficult circumstances :
- Contact an independent insurance broker who deals with specialized insurers that offer insurance coverage in complex situations ;
- Tell your new broker or insurer the whole truth. By doing so, you will avoid a lot of problems in the future since, as you know, the cat always manages to get out of the bag!
- Avoid panicking, but on the other hand, don’t wait until the last minute to begin your search ;
- Be prepared and focused when shopping for insurance ;
- Avoid being left without coverage as this is likely to cause you additional problems ;
- If possible, avoid cutting your insurance coverage even if the new premium is somewhat higher ;
- Find an insurance broker with whom you can deal comfortably.
In conclusion, insurance problems, whatever the reason, can cause many sleepless nights. Thankfully, you are not alone as an independent insurance broker can help you to regain your insurance coverage or to settle your claim. Your broker will shop around to find a new insurer or will defend your interests with your current insurer. Either way, you will no longer be alone with your troubles and you will be working with someone who is willing to take the time to understand your needs.