Modified vehicle insurance

Modifications made to an automobile (special or personalized paint, lowered suspension, modified engine, transformation into a motorhome, conversion of an engine, etc.), even if they are only aesthetic, influence your insurance contract. All the modifications made must be declared to your insurer so as not to have unpleasant surprises in the event of an incident.

Damaged vehicle insurance

Damaged vehicle following an accident. The seller of the damaged vehicle is obliged to report the damage to the buyer. Some insurers agree to insure seriously damaged vehicles, provided that an inspection is carried out by the Insurance Bureau of Canada.

Antique or collectible car insurance

Cars between 25 and 30 years old are considered antique vehicles. Your vehicle must meet certain conditions in order to be qualified by an insurer as an antique vehicle. Our brokers can advise you on coverage specific to antique vehicles and offer you good civil liability coverage.

Luxury car insurance

Cars from brands such as Bentley, Lamborghini, Maserati, Rolls-Royce cannot be insured by all insurers since they cannot all assume the same degree of risk. Our independent insurance brokers know the difference between a standard automobile and a luxury automobile. They will be able to advise you on the appropriate protections.

Rental vehicle insurance

Protections for rented vehicles are often limited. It is important to check the limitations of the contract so that you do not have to shell out the difference out of pocket. By adding additional protection for damage to borrowed or rented vehicles in the event of an accident for which you are responsible, you will avoid paying additional costs.

Electric vehicle insurance

Do you own an electric or hybrid vehicle? You therefore benefit from the environmental advantages offered by these vehicles and government rebates have no doubt been offered to you for this eco-responsible purchase. In terms of insurance, the energy used to operate your car does not change anything. However, advantages could be offered to you! Our independent brokers will be able to direct you to insurers offering attractive rates!

Jeunes conducteurs - AMR

Young driver

Choosing the right car insurance

No matter what type of license they have–learner’s, probationary or regular driver's license–every driver must be insured. Beyond this requirement, however, there are a number of obstacles that can stand in your way.

Some insurers are more reluctant to insure young drivers with less driving experience. At AMR, our insurance experts are good advisors: they will be able to guide you towards insurance coverage that will adequately protect your child and help you save money. Giving advice and reassurance is our job!