While the prospect of an important snowstorm might not be pleasant for most, you, on the contrary, look forward to such an event! Why? Because you love winter and your snowmobile! Snowy trails, powder snow, beautiful nature, and fresh air: snowmobiling offers all that! In order to help preserve your peace of mind while you ride, Assurances Multi-Risques would like to share a few tips that will allow you to lower your skidoo’s insurance premium, and allow your itinerary to become your only concern!
Insuring your snowmobile: who with?
Did you know that you can insure your car with one insurer and your snowmobile with another, who is specialized in recreational vehicles? This may sound complicated, but then, how would you feel about buying your snowmobile in a bicycle shop? Well, the same goes for insurance! Indeed, a specialized insurer will not only offer you adequate coverage, but will also maximize this coverage in case you have to make a claim.
Now that you know why to optimize your coverage, here are a flurry of tips on how to decrease your snowmobile insurance premium:
- Make sure your driving and claim records are good;
- Increase your deductibles;
- If you own several snowmobiles or recreational vehicles, entrust them to the same insurer in order to obtain a group rebate;
- Have an antitheft or tracking device installed on your snowmobile;
- Avoid eliminating certain types of coverage in order to reduce your premium;
- Join the Fédération des Clubs de Motoneigistes du Québec which offers a 1-million dollar civil liability coverage with its membership card. *Did you know that you can cancel the civil liability coverage with your insurance company and therefore save, on average, about $50 on your insurance premium? Before doing this, however, check with your broker or agent in order to determine how much you would actually be saving on your specialized snowmobile insurance by joining this federation;
- Contact an independent specialized insurance broker.
Snowmobiling season is short! Don’t waste your time on the phone negotiating an insurance contract when you can ride the snowy trails. Contact an independent insurance broker who will do the work for you! On top of having more time to enjoy your favorite winter pastime, you could also gather a few useful insights and obtain better coverage for your money, whatever your snowmobile’s engine power.
And now, rev up the engine, it’s time to hit the trail!
Have a great snowmobiling season!