Buying your first car is always a special milestone in someone’s life. Why? Because wheels mean freedom! You’ll now be able to easily visit your friends, go on a ski trip, see a show in another town, or do a road trip, all on your own, without the help of your parents! In order to help you to safely get the most out of this new experience, Assurances Multi-Risques offers a few tips on how to best subscribe to your first car insurance contract.
Where can I buy my first-time car insurance policy?
There are many ways to go about this. You can take things into your own hands and contact several insurance companies by phone or on line, or you can contact an independent insurance broker who will do all the work for you. Moreover, not only will the broker help you to find the right car insurance package – down to the smallest details – he will also advise you on the steps to follow to make your first insurance transaction a success.
Reducing your car insurance premium: A few tips
It’s a well-known fact that car insurance is expensive for young drivers. Moreover, some factors on which you have no control such as your sex and age can also contribute to drive up the cost even more. Here a few pointers on how to reduce you premium in as much as possible:
- Find an independent insurance broker who deals with several insurance companies. To make the right choice, ask him or her which insurance companies he deals with;
- Check the prices for several makes of car since insurance prices can vary quite a bit from one car model to another ;
- Check if telematics could be an interesting tool for you. For more information on this, read our previous article on the subject or ask your broker;
- Increase your deductibles, or at least look at what would be the best option for you and what you would feel comfortable paying in case you need to make a claim;
- Opt for replacement insurance rather than for replacement cost endorsement insurance. This could be a wise choice. To learn more about these two insurance products, see our previous article on the subject.
In conclusion, you will certainly not be as excited when buying your first car insurance policy as when buying your first car, and you will probably not be boasting to your friends about signing your first car insurance contract! This, however, is an essential step to allow you to get on the road and to adequately protect your set of wheels, which means you need to be doing things right. To save time and effort while ensuring you get the best coverage available, contact an independent insurance broker who specializes in first time car owners.